Izzy Knight's Note:
so easy and delicious; unlike anything you've had before. once again, i halfed the recipe and used my family as guinea pigs. the result? NO LEFT OVER! (recipe from Emeril)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels or 3 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- crispy tortilla chips
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the corn, salt, and pepper.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels turn deep golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4(The corn will make a popping sound as it cooks.) Pour the corn into a mixing bowl.
- 5Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet.
- 6Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add the jalapino, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- 8Pour the mixture into the bowl with the corn and let cool.
- 9Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 10Add the mayonnaise, 1 cup of the grated cheese, and the cayenne to the corn mixture and mix well.
- 11Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- 12Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 13Serve hot with the chips.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Leftover Corn Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.8
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 522.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g