Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
so easy and delicious; unlike anything you've had before. once again, i halfed the recipe and used my family as guinea pigs. the result? NO LEFT OVER! (recipe from Emeril)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels or 3 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- crispy tortilla chips
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels turn deep golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- (The corn will make a popping sound as it cooks.) Pour the corn into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet.
- Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the jalapino, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the corn and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the mayonnaise, 1 cup of the grated cheese, and the cayenne to the corn mixture and mix well.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with the chips.