Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I'd forgotten this dish, but saw it on a menu in a new restaurant. Thought I'd give it a try one day. After the easy tamales came out so well that just translated to this perfectly. So simple! I served it over white rice. I used the copycat version of Lipton Soup Mix elsewhere on this site, it's perfect.
- 7⁄8 kg lean pork, cut into cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled salsa verde
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup chicken bouillon or 1 cup broth
- 3 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Liberally and generously dredge pork with flour.
- Pour everything in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
This is delicious! It was very easy to throw together in the crock pot and tastes soooo good! This is great over rice or in a tortilla. Would be wonderful in burritos or enchiladas. Thank you Carol for another great recipe!