1/1 Photo of Naked Guacamole
We love avocados in my family. This is called naked guacamole because the flavor of the avocado itself is highlighted along with a bit of crunch from the onion, tomato, salt, lime and cilantro. The texture should be chunky- please don't use a blender or processor. Although it may be tempting to add other things- simple is best (oh OK. . . add some garlic if you like ;) ) From Cooking from the Edge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the seed and peel from the avocados and place in a bowl or molcajete.
- 2Sprinkle with the salt and lime juice and crush with a fork, potato masher, or tejolote.
- 3When the consistency is that of a chunky puree, stir in the tomato, onion, and cilantro.
- 4Taste for seasoning.
- 5If the guacamole is to be eaten with tostadas as a snack, it should be more highly seasoned.
- 6Served alongside carnitas or carne asada, a little less seasoned so that it balances the other flavors.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Naked Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 334.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh cilantro stems