Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from Quick Cooking and all four of my kids love it. Not very time consuming and delicious.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is not pink; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent roll dough into triangles; place into a greased 9-inch pie plate with points toward the center.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides to make a crust; seal the edges.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of chips over crust.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Carefully spread sour cream over meat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and the rest of the chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This is a wonderfully quick easy recipe. My Hubby has made it a new favorite. I often use some salsa and only half as much tomato sauce, but either way it's a beautiful dish that makes up in a hurry.
This is a really fun and easy family meal! Very tasty! I like to serve this with a salad (lettuce and tomato) tossed with Catalina dressing. I add garlic in with the onion.
I love this recipe! It can easily be made vegetarian by using a can of pinto beans in place of the meat. I also like to use ranch dip mix in the sour cream to add a little variety. :D I usually omit the taco seasoning and use 8 oz of salsa instead of the tomato sauce. Great, easy recipe.