Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from Quick Cooking and all four of my kids love it. Not very time consuming and delicious.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is not pink; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent roll dough into triangles; place into a greased 9-inch pie plate with points toward the center.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides to make a crust; seal the edges.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of chips over crust.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Carefully spread sour cream over meat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and the rest of the chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This is a wonderfully quick easy recipe. My Hubby has made it a new favorite. I often use some salsa and only half as much tomato sauce, but either way it's a beautiful dish that makes up in a hurry.
This is a really fun and easy family meal! Very tasty! I like to serve this with a salad (lettuce and tomato) tossed with Catalina dressing. I add garlic in with the onion.
I love this recipe! It can easily be made vegetarian by using a can of pinto beans in place of the meat. I also like to use ranch dip mix in the sour cream to add a little variety. :D I usually omit the taco seasoning and use 8 oz of salsa instead of the tomato sauce. Great, easy recipe.