Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been working on this rice recipe for months. I love my Spicy Mexican Rice recipe, but I have been longing for one that is not so "Hot". This is happily the result of my tweeking the recipe until I got just what I wanted.
- 2 1⁄4 cups jasmine rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices fried bacon, discard bacon, use only the bacon grease
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 0.5 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a rice cooker. Stir occassionally to keep from sticking.
- While rice is cooking, fry 4 slices of bacon, add chopped onion to bacon grease and cook until tender.
- Add corn and chopped cilantro and remove from heat.
- Add this mixture to the cooking rice.
yummmy! I'm from NM and am very picky about my rice. I made this without the bacon (didn't have any) and it was still delicious. Thanks for the recipe! I also had to half everything because I have a small rice cooker, but I forgot to half the spices It was still good and not too spicy for me.