My mom makes this recipe all the time, as far back as I can remember. She got it from a neighbor who was from mexico. Everyone loves this simple recipe. Does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs flap meat, skirt steak, flank steak
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper (I use about 20 grinds)
- 1Place meat, soy sauce, garlic and pepper in a resealable bag.
- 2Marinate for at least 4 hours.
- 3Grill 3 minutes or longer depending on thickness on each side.
- 4Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 5Serve with tortillas and toppings.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Carne Asada
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 708.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: