1/1 Photo of Moosewood's Crema De Elote (Creamy Corn Soup)
This is from the famous Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca, NY. It is a wonderful combination of veggies with a Mexican flair and is especially nice in the summer when you can add the corn right off of the cob.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 tablespoon chile, minced (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (a combination of colored ones is nice)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 1/2 cups corn, fresh cut from the cob (or frozen)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1In a soup pot, saute the onions and garlic in the butter or oil on low heat for about 10 minutes, until the onions are very soft.
- 2Add the coriander, cumin, and chiles; saute for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are juicy.
- 4Add the potatoes, bell peppers and vegetable stock; cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add the corn and heat thoroughly.
- 6In a blender, puree about half of the soup with the milk and cheese.
- 7Stir the puree back into the soup pot.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Heat slowly until the soup is hot but not boiling.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moosewood's Crema De Elote (Creamy Corn Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 129.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: