My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I use frozen)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (I use frozen)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, diced (I use Muir Glen fire-roasted)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (If you like it spicy, use the tomatoes with chilies here)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice (I use Uncle Ben's, can also use longer cooking rice, but increase cooking time)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Saute beef and drain.
- 2Add onion and peppers, saute until softened.
- 3Add paprika and garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 4Add contents of cans, rice and corn.
- 5Simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Let stand 10 minutes.
- 7Serve with grated cheese.
- 8Can also be served in a flour tortilla as a burrito.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monterey Rice
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 444.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium beef broth
quick-cooking brown rice