1/2 Photos of Mom Florence's Tacos
Dienia B.'s Note:
This is how our family makes tacos. It was one of the first things I learned to "cook". It seems so easy it shouldn't even be posted. The hardest part is finding enough bowls so everyone can fill the tacos the way they want. Leftovers can be a nice taco salad--if there are any.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas (bigger package for men)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1Shred the cheese in one bowl.
- 2Chop the onion into one bowl.
- 3Place the olives into one bowl.
- 4Put the sour cream in one bowl.
- 5Put salsa in one bowl. (See the theme of the night?).
- 6Put refried beans in microwave bowl and top with a little cheese and a little salsa. Heat until hot.
- 7In one pan, brown the ground beef and, of course, put in bowl when everyone is at table and all bowls are on table too.
- 8Heat about inch of oil oil in another fry pan and fry the corn tortillas about 1 second on each side (not very long or they will be hard shell). Use tongs to turn tortillas and put on plate with paper towels. These don't hold very long, so serve immediately.
- 9Cook should eat 1 taco first to get jump on everyone else--lol!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom Florence's Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 808.4
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Sodium 1015.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 47.7 g