Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are fun to make and fun to eat. Everyone gets to build their own. Great taste!!
Make and share this Mexican Tostados recipe from Food.com.
- Brown ground beef with onions and peppers.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook till well done.
- Add refried beans.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook tortillas in small amount of oil in small frying pan until golden brown on bottom.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Spread meat mixture on tortilla and top with your favorite topping.
- cheese,tomatoes,olives,sour cream etc.
Love Tostados and these were good I added a few things to the recipe (personal taste). I cheated and used the bought boats for tostados, heated them just before serving. Used chopped chicken, stir fried, had a bowl of shredded lettuce, refried beans, salsa and instead of sour cream I whipped 2% cottage cheese (you can't tell the difference) and added a pinch of sugar to the whipped cottage cheese Dinner was thoroughly enjoyed Thanks Inez — May 6, 2002 Added comments I used corn tortillas - first I fried them with only a bit of oil then dried them in the oven 300 for 15 minutes so they were completely crisp. Used Refried Beans for the fried beans - dressed them with tomatoes. lettuce & HOT Salsa recipe#988424 Wonderful