1/5 Photos of Mexican Taco Casserole
This recipe my sister and me came up with since we love casseroles and were eager to try something new. Instead of pasta or rice it uses Mexican taco crisps. It has a great texture (soft at the bottom and crisp at the top) and is so delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g taco chips (make sure to use Mexican cornflour crisps, also called tortilla crisps)
- 400 ml hot tomato sauce (or any other tomato sauce you like)
- 1 (300 g) can sweet corn
- 1 (250 g) can red kidney beans (chili-flavoured ones go great with it)
- 160 g carrots
- 1 onion
- 40 g green chilies
- 150 g grated cheese
- 1Chop the onion into small cubes, slice the carrots and the green chillies into thin pieces. Mix with sweet corn and beans.
- 2Place one layer of crisps in a casserole dish, cover it with half the vegetables and add half of the sauce.
- 3Cover with another layer of crisps. Then add the rest of the veggies and the sauce.
- 4Cover with a last layer of crisps and sprinkle with the cheese.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes (the cheese should be golden-brown).
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Taco Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 1253.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: