1/4 Photos of Mexican-Style Tortilla Salad
Add in some cooked chopped chicken or shrimp for a main meal, this salad will also pair well with French dressing instead of the ranch/salsa mixture, see The Best French Salad Dressing if you prefer a lot of beans in the salad then add in two cans, don't forget, add in the chips just before serving ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup ranch dressing (use bottled or homemade, I use Kittencal's Creamy Ranch Dressing/Dip)
- 1 cup salsa (use mild or medium)
- 1 romaine lettuce, chopped (can use head lettuce)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (cubed finely or coarsely shredded)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained (or use half a can each black beans and pinto beans, drained)
- 2 firm ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado (peeled and chopped)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn chips, broken into pieces
- 1In a bowl mix together the ranch dressing and salsa (this can be done hours ahead and chilled.
- 2In a large bowl toss the lettuce with cheddar cheese cubes, black beans, chopped tomatoes and avocado: toss well to combine.
- 3Pour the dressing over starting with 1 cup and adding in more to taste; and toss to coat with salad.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Mix in the chopped corn chips (or just sprinkle on top of salad).
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican-Style Tortilla Salad
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 921.1
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 1361.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 23.0 g