Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
We have 8 zucchini plants and I love to stuff them if they get too big, so I came up with this one night when I had leftover taco meat and way too much zucchini. My DH loved it!
- 2 large zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped green peppers (optional) or 1⁄4 cup mushroom (optional)
- Take zucchini and make boats out of them (slice the top off and scoop out the seeds and discard) Place in a casserole dish.
- Bring beef broth to a boil, add rice and cook as directed; set aside.
- Brown hamburger with onions (and peppers& mushrooms if you want); drain.
- Add taco seasoning with water as directed and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix ricotta cheese with Parmesan and 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Spoon cheese mixture in bottom of boats.
- Spoon rice and beef mixture into boats until filled.
- Put sliced tomatoes over the tops of the boats.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until zucchini is soft when pricked with a fork.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.