1 hr 30 mins
deb k's Note:
We have 8 zucchini plants and I love to stuff them if they get too big, so I came up with this one night when I had leftover taco meat and way too much zucchini. My DH loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped green peppers (optional) or 1/4 cup mushroom (optional)
- 1Take zucchini and make boats out of them (slice the top off and scoop out the seeds and discard) Place in a casserole dish.
- 2Bring beef broth to a boil, add rice and cook as directed; set aside.
- 3Brown hamburger with onions (and peppers& mushrooms if you want); drain.
- 4Add taco seasoning with water as directed and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Add rice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 6Mix ricotta cheese with Parmesan and 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- 7Spoon cheese mixture in bottom of boats.
- 8Spoon rice and beef mixture into boats until filled.
- 9Put sliced tomatoes over the tops of the boats.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until zucchini is soft when pricked with a fork.
- 11Sprinkle tops with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese melts.
- 12Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 107.3 mg
- Sodium 444.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 33.8 g