Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an adaptation of a Stuffed Pepper recipe given to me by my sister-in-law.
Make and share this Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Core green peppers.
- Immerse in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Chop into bite size pieces.
- Fry ground beef and onion.
- Stir in all ingredients except peppers and cheese.
- Return to boiling.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cooked pepper pieces and cheese.
- Place in a casserole dish sprayed with Pam.
- Cover and bake at 375 degreees for 20 minutes.
This was great, and so much easier to make than stuffed peppers. I added more meat and cheese,minced garlic, and used diced tomatoes with chilies.
This was great and so much faster then stuffed peppers. I used salsa in place of can tomatoes and onions. and top with sour cream before serving. My family loved it
My FIL who is used to very PLAIN food loved this!! WE like some spice, so I tried to accomadate us all! I used ground pork sausage, 2 green and 1 red pepper, and just a couple of shakes of chili powder. It was not too spicy for him but still had enough flavor for us!! THANKS!!