1 hr 25 mins
Another once a month recipe that will help you face the month ahead with a meal ready to please. I serve this with tomatoes stuffed with guacamole and some corn
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream or 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Cut steak into bite size pieces.
- 2Cook and stir steak, onion, and garlic in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until brown.
- 3Drain off oil.
- 4Stir in vinegar, water, chili sauce, paprika, chili powder, seasoned salt, soy sauce, and mushrooms into steak mixture.
- 5Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- 6Cover and simmer 1 hour until meat is tender.
- 7Cool and store in freezer container.
- 8To prepare for serving, thaw meat mixture and heat in saucepan until bubbly.
- 9cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- 10Stir sour cream or low-fat yogurt and flour together; combine with stroganoff.
- 11Heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 12Reduce heat, simmer, and stir about 1 minute.
- 13Serve stroganoff over noodels.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Stroganoff (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.9
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 178.9 mg
- Sodium 894.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 43.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: