This is different and refreshing. I took it out of one of my cookbooks title Company's coming Greatest Hits: Mexican.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spinach leaves
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and cut bite size
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (chick peas)
- 1 (7 inch) zucchini, with peel, cut matchstick size
- 1⁄4 cup salad dressing (or mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Tear spinach leaves or leave whole and place in large bowl. Add grapefruit, garbanzo beans and zucchini.
- Lime Dressing: Mix salad dressing, lime juice and sugar in small bowl. Stir. Pour over salad. Toss gently to coat.
- Add pine nuts. Toss.