Kozmic Blues's Note:
Quick and simple way to add some extra flavor to plain old white rice. This was something I threw together to go with some fajitas I had made. I usually make this rice in my rice cooker, but it works on the stove top as well. I've used regular long grain rice, or parboiled, both work fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon spicy cajun seasoning (mine is not this brand, but I'm sure something with ingredients like Emeril's Essence will work just) (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 -6 ounces chevre cheese (soft goat cheese)
- 1Mix dry rice, spices and dried onions.
- 2Cook rice according to package directions, either on stove top or in rice cooker.
- 3Fluff rice with fork.
- 4Add cheese to warm rice and let melt a bit.
- 5Add cilantro and combine well.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Spiced Rice
Serving Size: 1 (805 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 156.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 12.9 g