1/2 Photos of Mexican Skillet Spaghetti
Jackie #6's Note:
Came from a stash of cut out recipes from everywhere...I'm sure you know what I mean. I no longer know what magazine it was in, but it's still great. This freezes well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2.5 (15 ounce) cans water, about 4 3/4 cups
- 1.5 (1 1/3 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix, if you want it spicier use 2 pkgs
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, about 1/2 cup
- 1In a dutch oven or 12" skillet, brown ground meat. Add salt, tomato sauce, water, taco mix & onion.
- 2Bring to a boil, add spaghetti.
- 3Simmer covered for 25 to 30 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese & serve. (Note: I usually let everyone sprinkle their own cheese. This way everyone gets some cheese.).
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Skillet Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 1023.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 36.8 g