Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Came from a stash of cut out recipes from everywhere...I'm sure you know what I mean. I no longer know what magazine it was in, but it's still great. This freezes well too.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2.5 (15 ounce) cans water, about 4 3/4 cups
- 1.5 (1 1/3 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix, if you want it spicier use 2 pkgs
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, about 1/2 cup
- In a dutch oven or 12" skillet, brown ground meat. Add salt, tomato sauce, water, taco mix & onion.
- Bring to a boil, add spaghetti.
- Simmer covered for 25 to 30 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with cheese & serve. (Note: I usually let everyone sprinkle their own cheese. This way everyone gets some cheese.).
Good! Super fast and easy, and everyone liked it. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal. I used 6 T Penzeys taco seasoning, but you could always mix your own. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Great recipe base. I doctored it some-I added cumin, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and diced fresh jalapenos. Thank you!
I added a small onion. This is very simple but tastes great. My son loved this and us also. I like that it's made only in one dish. Thanks Jackie. Made for the Saucy Senoritas of ZWT5