Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a colorful salad, wonderful for it's dynamic dressing.
Make and share this Mexican Shrimp & Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb shrimp, rinsed, shelled and deveined
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In boiling water, cook shrimp until just pink, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Slice the avocado lengthwise around the center and remove the pit.
- Without cutting through the peel, slice through the flesh of each avocado half, first crosswise int 1/4" slices then lengthwise in half.
- Scoop the avocado slices away from the peel with a large spoon.
- Cut the tomato through the stem end into quarters and then cut each quarter into 1/4" slices.
- Peel the 1/2 cucumber, slice it in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Cut each section lengthwise into quarters and then crosswise into 1/4" slices.
- Arrange the spinach on a serving platter.
- Arrange the avocado, tomato and cucumber slices on top of the bed of spinach.
- Top the salad with the shrimp and scallions.
- Combine the oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, and thyme in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a cruet or small bowl.
- Serve the dressing on the side of salad.
This is yummy and the dressing ohhhhh soooooo gooood just the right amount of spice but not over powering. actually I made more of the dressing gonna try it on potato salad