This is a colorful salad, wonderful for it's dynamic dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, rinsed, shelled and deveined
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 cucumber
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 1/3 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1In boiling water, cook shrimp until just pink, about 3 minutes.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Slice the avocado lengthwise around the center and remove the pit.
- 4Without cutting through the peel, slice through the flesh of each avocado half, first crosswise int 1/4" slices then lengthwise in half.
- 5Scoop the avocado slices away from the peel with a large spoon.
- 6Cut the tomato through the stem end into quarters and then cut each quarter into 1/4" slices.
- 7Peel the 1/2 cucumber, slice it in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a spoon.
- 8Cut each section lengthwise into quarters and then crosswise into 1/4" slices.
- 9Arrange the spinach on a serving platter.
- 10Arrange the avocado, tomato and cucumber slices on top of the bed of spinach.
- 11Top the salad with the shrimp and scallions.
- 12Combine the oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, and thyme in a blender for 30 seconds.
- 13Add salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a cruet or small bowl.
- 14Serve the dressing on the side of salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Shrimp & Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.2
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 293.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 26.7 g