1/3 Photos of Mexican Shells
Mimi in Maine's Note:
A new twist to Italian Shells. I got this from a friend who promised it would be good. It was very, very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the pasta shells in water till done.
- 2Saute the onion in small amount of oil; add the hamburg and cook till done, and drain off the fat.
- 3Add 1/2 can of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of salsa sauce.
- 4Add the 1 cup of the cheese to the pan and mix well.
- 5Stuff the cooked shells.
- 6In the bottom of a baking dish put the other half of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of salsa sauce.
- 7Put the shells in on top of this.
- 8Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove the foil and top with 1 cup more of Monterey Jack cheese and the onion rings.
- 10Bake a few more minutes to melt the cheese and toast the onion rings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Shells
Serving Size: 1 (1122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 355.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French fried onion rings