Sauteed scallops and shrimp are paired with a vibrant sweet-savory salsa, gives this dish s WOW factor! Serve with warms corn or flour tortillas and a good Mexican beer! Bohemia beer is crisp and slightly spicy ($8 per six-pack) Bon Appetit Magazine, June 2009 edition. Havem't accounted for waiting time of 30 minutes to an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 large shallot, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 lb sea scallops, side muscles removed
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only, about 1 1/2 cups)
- lime slice
- 1PREPARATION FOR SALSA:.
- 2Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
- 3Season to taste with salt.
- 4Cover and chill.
- 5* DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
- 6SEAFOOD PREPARATION:.
- 7Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- 8Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil.
- 9Season marinade to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Place shrimp in large resealable plastic bag.
- 11Place scallops in another large resealable plastic bag.
- 12Pour marinade into bags, dividing equally (about 1/2 cup each).
- 13Seal bags; turn to coat.
- 14Chill at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- 15Drain shrimp and scallops; pour marinade into small saucepan.
- 16Bring marinade to boil; set aside.
- 17Pat scallops dry.
- 18Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 19Add scallops to skillet and sauté until beginning to brown, about 11/2 minutes per side.
- 20Transfer to large bowl.
- 21Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet.
- 22Add shrimp and green onions; sauté until shrimp are almost opaque in center, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- 23Return scallops with any accumulated juices to skillet.
- 24Add boiled marinade.
- 25Simmer until seafood is just opaque in center and mixture is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 26Transfer to large shallow bowl.
- 27Garnish with lime slices & serve with salsa.
- 28**Serve with roasted corn on the cob as well as roasted pepper with Italian dressing, the tortillas and the Mexican beer.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Seafood Saute With Avocado-Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.3
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 296.3 mg
- Sodium 453.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 56.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: