Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
how perfect for cinco de mayo! from this month's gourmet magazine.
Make and share this Mexican Seafood Cocktail recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chilled Clamato juice (or 1 cup tomato juice and 1/2 cup bottled clam juice)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 firm-ripe california avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 lb cooked baby shrimp
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Stir together Clamato juice, ketchup, lime juice, hot sauce, salt, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl, then gently stir in avocado, crabmeat, and shrimp. Spoon into 6-or 8-ounce glasses or cups.
I made this to share with friends at a summer concert in the park. I used one pound of crabmeat and no shrimp. I drained off the juice before serving, and served the crab as a dip with tortilla chips. Very decadent with wonderful flavor. I used all tomato juice and no clam juice.
This is very much like the Cocktail i have been making for years. The only difference is I use oysters instead of the crabmeat and shrimp, making it an oyster cocktail (Cocktail de oystiones). AND I use chopped jalapenos to give it heat!
This tasted just like i had while in Puerto Penasco Mexico, was just as great!Thanks !