1/4 Photos of Mexican Rice Pilaf
An easy, tasty, spicy rice dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in broth, rice, chili powder, jalapeno peppers, and cumin.
- 4Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 5Reduce heat, and simmer for 4 minutes.
- 6Stir in bell pepper.
- 8Simmer for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- 9Stir tomato and shredded cheese into hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 337.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice