An easy, tasty, spicy rice dish.
Make and share this Mexican Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, rice, chili powder, jalapeno peppers, and cumin.
- Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir tomato and shredded cheese into hot cooked rice.