Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't allowed for marinating time.
Make and share this Mexican Prawn (Shrimp) Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 36 uncooked king prawns
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 35 g taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Soak 18 bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour.
- Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Thread prawns and zucchini onto skewers.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place kebabs in single layer in medium dish, top with the juice mixture.
- Cover, refrigerate for several hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove kebabs from juice mixture, reserving juice mixture.
- Grill or BBQ kebabs until prawns are cooked through, brushing occasionally with reserved juice mixture.
I liked it, didn't have time to marinate for 1 hour.. I used concentrated Key lime juice.. very tangy and added some splenda to sweeten... Great!!
I really liked the way these came out, a little tangy, a little spicy, and grilling them adds a nice smoky flavor. Very nice.
Made this for lunch today with DD - YUMMY! We didn't use any veggies as we decided to grill these and then serve on a salad. Love the combo of lemon, taco seasoning though - this is a great, quick meal for the summer or anytime!! We BBQ year round at our house - rain, snow or shine we just pul, the BBQ to the door and grill away and this is a nice tasty treat! Thanks for the recipe! ZWT3 ~ Mexican Seafood Grilling Challenge Part 2. ;)