Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you love Mexican food then you will love this!
Make and share this Mexican Pork Stew Tortillas recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs boneless pork (cut into about 1-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 3 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 (10 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped green onion (optional)
- In a shallow dish mix the flour with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Dredge the pork cubes in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven and brown the pork cubes.
- Add in the chili flakes (if using) broth, tomatoes with juice, green chilies with juice, onions, garlic, cumin, oregano; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over medium-low heat (uncovered) for about 1-1/2 hours (season with salt and pepper to taste).
- Add in the black beans and corn; simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture down the center of each tortilla, then sprinkle with shredded cheese and chopped green onions.
- Fold the sides over filling.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Finally I found it! Years ago I worked in a Mexican restaurant and was taught to cook a pork meat sauce that was used in burritos and other dishes. I've never forgotten the flavor and taste. This recipe is extremely close. It is excellent! I thickened it up a bit and served it to my boys....they absolutely loved it!
This was really good! To me though it seemed more like a Mexican chili, but delicious nonetheless. At the end I did add chopped cilantro and lime. Served it with brown rice and tortilla chips. Thank you!!!