Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Got this from my kids after-school care. One of their favorite lunches
Make and share this Mexican Pigs in a Blanket recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup canned refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inch diameter)
- 4 (1 ounce) individually wrapped cheese slices
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Spread refried beans evenly on 1 side of each tortilla.
- Place half of a cheese slice on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 hot dog.
- Roll up tightly, jellyroll fashion, and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
Di, the kids and I really liked these. They sure beat the heck out of your everyday plain dogs!!!! So easy to make and fast to the table. I'm going to try to warm the hot dogs up in the microwave next time before I wrap them, just so they come out of the oven a little bit warmer. I might even try using the microwave instead of the oven for this recipe next time. I will be making these again that is for sure. PS. The little girl here at my house this morning thinks your a doll! ;-)