1/1 Photo of Mexican Party Casserole
Geri by the Sea's Note:
This casserole is one of my favorite potluck contributions, as it's easy to make lots of it fast, and folks love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Equipment: 2 deep lasagne pans.
- 2On the bottom of each pan, spread a layer or two of chips, flattening as needed.
- 3I used about 5 oz of the chips in each pan.
- 4Drop spoonfuls of refried beans atop the chips layer, using 16 oz in each pan.
- 5Once you've got all of the spoonful drops down, use the back of the spoon to spread the refried beans around more evenly.
- 6Pour 8 oz salsa over each pan, and spread about.
- 7Over each pan, crumble 2.5 oz of chips.
- 8Layer 7.5 oz of the corn in each pan.
- 9Chop up the bell peppers, and layer them evenly in the 2 pans.
- 10Chop up the avocadoes and olives, and layer them evenly in the pans.
- 11Chop up the cilantro, and sprinkle it over the pans.
- 12Using the remaining refried beans, drop spoonfuls atop the pans, and spread them around.
- 13(They won't cover the whole surface; that's ok).
- 14Spread the remaining salsa in a thin layer across the top of each pan.
- 15Chop the cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle those over the top of each pan.
- 16Crumble the rest of the chips, and sprinkle those over the top.
- 17Bake at 450 degrees for about 1/2 hour, maybe more (keep an eye on it after the first 20 minutes as ovens can vary); I turn the oven off once the top layer of chips is lightly browned and a forkful swiped out of the bottom of the pan is hot.
- 18(Note- Don't worry too much about the quantities of ingredients; this is not a recipe where precision matters. If you have more or less of something, it'll still taste good).
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Party Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 713.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: