Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This casserole is one of my favorite potluck contributions, as it's easy to make lots of it fast, and folks love it.
- Equipment: 2 deep lasagne pans.
- On the bottom of each pan, spread a layer or two of chips, flattening as needed.
- I used about 5 oz of the chips in each pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of refried beans atop the chips layer, using 16 oz in each pan.
- Once you've got all of the spoonful drops down, use the back of the spoon to spread the refried beans around more evenly.
- Pour 8 oz salsa over each pan, and spread about.
- Over each pan, crumble 2.5 oz of chips.
- Layer 7.5 oz of the corn in each pan.
- Chop up the bell peppers, and layer them evenly in the 2 pans.
- Chop up the avocadoes and olives, and layer them evenly in the pans.
- Chop up the cilantro, and sprinkle it over the pans.
- Using the remaining refried beans, drop spoonfuls atop the pans, and spread them around.
- (They won't cover the whole surface; that's ok).
- Spread the remaining salsa in a thin layer across the top of each pan.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle those over the top of each pan.
- Crumble the rest of the chips, and sprinkle those over the top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 1/2 hour, maybe more (keep an eye on it after the first 20 minutes as ovens can vary); I turn the oven off once the top layer of chips is lightly browned and a forkful swiped out of the bottom of the pan is hot.
- (Note- Don't worry too much about the quantities of ingredients; this is not a recipe where precision matters. If you have more or less of something, it'll still taste good).
This was sooo good! I took Geri's advice and adjusted amounts (made for 4 instead of 12). I used a whole can of refried beans and 1 of Mexican corn. I also added about 1 cup of browned ground round prepared with taco seasoning and some chopped onion. I sprinkled some cheese on top for the last 5 minutes of baking. I was concerned about cooking avocado (I've only ever had it cold) but it was just fine. I will be making this again, and again! made for Spring 2013 PAC
Great stuff... I used Unfried Refried Beans for refried beans and also used homemade chips with a medium heat salsa. DH loved it and we will have the second one for dinner tomorrow. I followed the recipe for the most part and served sour cream on the side. It's a keeper for us. Thanks!