Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
salsa in place of barbeque sauce makes for a great chicken monterey
Make and share this Mexican Monterey Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise to make 4 thin breasts
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or enough to thinly coat both sides of breasts.)
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spicy salsa, chipotle is good
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- sour cream
- green onion, sliced thin
- black olives
- preheat oven to 425.
- coat both sides of chicken with mayonnaise.
- mix together parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- dip the chicken breasts in crumb/parmesan and cover evenly.
- place into a 9x13 baking pan.
- bake for 15 minutes then top with with salsa and jack cheese and bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- garnish with sour cream onions and olives.
Im going to have to try this one again... it was almost dont when i heard a terrible crashing sound in the oven, MY PYREX PAN BLEW UP!! YIKES! I was so excited about this too :( will get another pan soon and try again.
Yum! I used a really large chicken breast that was large even halved, lol. This was very simple and very tasty. The chicken was perfect - so moist and tender. All of the ingredients complemented each other. Thanks Susan for another great recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.