salsa in place of barbeque sauce makes for a great chicken monterey
Make and share this Mexican Monterey Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise to make 4 thin breasts
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or enough to thinly coat both sides of breasts.)
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spicy salsa, chipotle is good
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- sour cream
- green onion, sliced thin
- black olives
- preheat oven to 425.
- coat both sides of chicken with mayonnaise.
- mix together parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- dip the chicken breasts in crumb/parmesan and cover evenly.
- place into a 9x13 baking pan.
- bake for 15 minutes then top with with salsa and jack cheese and bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- garnish with sour cream onions and olives.