A delicious, zesty meat loaf!
Make and share this Mexican Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (to your preference)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro stem
- Combine first 9 ingredients and place in lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until done.
- During last 10 minutes of baking, spoon desired amount of picante sauce over loaf and sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Loved the flavors in the meat. I could really taste the cumin and chili. Didn't have much for tortilla chips so used some bread crumbs too. Served with cilantro rice, refried beans and cornbread.
Excellent meatloaf! It had great flavour, not overpowering but nicely spiced, and held together well. I actually added 1/4 cup of oatmeal to help bind it and left out the diced green chilies. That may have helped. Even my son who's not a meatloaf fan ate this one. Thank you!
This was a delicious dinner! Like another reviewer, my meatloaf fell apart a bit when serving. I didn't mind too much though because it was so good. The cilantro was a definite must; it really went well with all of the other flavors. This will be a regular now, thanks!