Yummy combo between Italian and Mexican. This is from my friend Alissa. The pasta can be stuffed up to 12 hours in advance and put in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 cup cheese and refried beans.
- Stuff uncooked pasta tubes with cheese mixture, pressing firmly into shells.
- Meanwhile, in microwave safe dish, combine water, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce.
- Microwave on HIGH until mixture is steaming hot (about 5-6 minutes).
- Pour about 1/2 the sauce into a 9x13 pan.
- Place uncooked stuffed tubes in pan, turning each to coat with sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes.
- Then turn shells over.
- Continue baking, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with onions and olives.