1/3 Photos of Mexican Layered Fruit Salad
The authentic Mexican version uses cream and a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds. This version uses yogurt, coconut, and walnuts for color and crunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet apple, unpeeled, cut into small cubes
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled and cut into small cubes, seeds discarded
- 1 large ripe banana, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup ripe pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or 1 tablespoon pecans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Chill all fruit before preparing the salad. Cut the fruit and assemble the salad just before serving.
- 2Layer the fruits in the order listed. Spread the yogurt over the top of the salad. Sprinkle evenly with coconut and nuts. Drizzle with honey.
- 3Serve right away.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Layered Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat vanilla yogurt