Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a meatless and pasta-less lasagna. This is a tortilla-stacked dish with zucchini, onions, tomatoes, corn and beans. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn niblets, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F; coat a 3-quart round baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cumin, and saute 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, and enchilada sauce, bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Put 1 tortilla in baking dish.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups zucchini mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers 4 times.
- Cover with foil and bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly around edges and cheese is melted.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream, if desired.
This was very tasty. I liked the fact it was healthier for you. My only problem was that it was runny and didn't hold together when I plated it. But the taste of the lasagna overcame that little problem. Will make this again. Made for Newest Zaar tag game.