This is a meatless and pasta-less lasagna. This is a tortilla-stacked dish with zucchini, onions, tomatoes, corn and beans. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn niblets, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F; coat a 3-quart round baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add onion and saute 5 minutes.
- 4Add zucchini and cumin, and saute 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- 5Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, and enchilada sauce, bring to a simmer.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 7Put 1 tortilla in baking dish.
- 8Top with 1 1/2 cups zucchini mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 9Repeat layers 4 times.
- 10Cover with foil and bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly around edges and cheese is melted.
- 11Cool 5 minutes.
- 12Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 520.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas
reduced-fat cheddar cheese