Jami Robin's Note:
I love Mexican and lasagna so combine the two and you have one of my favorite dishes! I use ground turkey and whole wheat tortillas to make it healthier and incorporate more fiber.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (40 ounce) can stewed tomatoes or 1 (40 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup taco sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas or 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese or 2 1/2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In large skillet, cook turkey, red onion, and scallions in olive oil adding chili powder, cumin, and salt while cooking.
- 3Add tomatoes and taco sauce.
- 4Add black beans and corn and heat through.
- 5Coat 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick spray (like Pam).
- 6Cut tortillas in half or quarters to layer.
- 7Build layers - tortilla, mixture, cheese, tortilla, mixture cheese.
- 8Make two layers, ending top layer with cheese.
- 9Bake 12-15 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- 10Let sit about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.6
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.3 mg
- Sodium 1525.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 48.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas