Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love Mexican and lasagna so combine the two and you have one of my favorite dishes! I use ground turkey and whole wheat tortillas to make it healthier and incorporate more fiber.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (40 ounce) can stewed tomatoes or 1 (40 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup taco sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas or 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese or 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook turkey, red onion, and scallions in olive oil adding chili powder, cumin, and salt while cooking.
- Add tomatoes and taco sauce.
- Add black beans and corn and heat through.
- Coat 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick spray (like Pam).
- Cut tortillas in half or quarters to layer.
- Build layers - tortilla, mixture, cheese, tortilla, mixture cheese.
- Make two layers, ending top layer with cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- Let sit about 5-10 minutes before serving.