Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mexican food lovers heaven! A great crowd pleaser as well. Recipe could be varied with other things such as beans, corn, etc.
- 1 package corn tortilla, cut into strips
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green chili, diced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Cook meat and drain fat.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, taco seasoning, and chilies and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Grease casserole dish and spread 1/2 cup salsa mixed with soup over the bottom.
- Place a layer of tortilla strips then top with 1/2 cup meat mixture.
- Layer 1/2 cup salsa mixed with soup and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
This dish was a cinch to make, and was a hit with a party I had. I added 1/2 cup of minced fresh cilantro in between the layers, which adds even more Mexican flavor. I will definitely make this again!
Great tasting, fast and simple to make. We enjoyed this very much. I opted for ground turkey and added a layer of black beans. I used one of the new 'Southwest Style' cream of chicken soups and, after plating, topped each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped green onion.
Very simple to make. Very good and even great reheated. Definately a keeper!