1/9 Photos of Mexican Hot Chocolate
This is a variation on a hot chocolate recipe that I found on the net. It originally used 2 eggs, but I left them out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium sized saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until scalding, but not boiling.
- 2Break the chocolate into pieces. Add to the hot milk along with the cinnamon, sugar and salt. Stir until melted. Beat with a wire whisk until frothy.
- 3Add the vanilla. Continue to whisk.
- 4Pour into 4 mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 144.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g