Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another great mix that makes life easier (see also "my" Hot Mexican Rub Hot Mexican Rub). I included this as part of a gift basket for my friend and of course I had to try it before giving it away. Too bad I din't read the whole recipe before making it. When not only the mix but also the dip was finished, I realised it should go in the fridge for two hours or so. I couldn't wait that long and ate it immediately. Loved it and prepared a second batch. This time I had some leftovers and I put it in the fridge. The next day it tasted even better! Yes, chilling does improve the dip! As I wanted to prepare the dip just for myself, I mixed 2 tablespoons sour cream with 2 tabelspoons low fat mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons Mexican Fiesta Dip Mix. I am considering to prepare the next batch without the dry herbs but add fresh herbs to the mix when preparing the dip. I love fresh herbs and I grow so many on my balcony. When typing this recipe I realised that I forgot to add the salt into my mix. I didn't even miss it! That's why I wrote optional next to the salt. Serve this dip with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine the spices and store in an airtight container.
- Attach this to the jar: Mexican Fiesta Dip. Makes two cups. In a medium mixing bowl combine 3 tablespoons of the Dip Mix with the mayonnaise and sour cream. Whisk the mixture until smooth. (Check if you want to add more of the Dip Mix or more mayo/sour cream.).
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight (best).
- If you do this at home and you have some fresh herbs around then add some. I like to add fresh chives, parsley or coriander.
- Serve with tortilla chips (works best!)or fresh vegetables.