Another dip mix from "Gifts in a Bag" recipe book. Don't forget the gift tag. You can make this one as hot as you like by adding crushed red pepper. Gift tag should read: Combine the Mexican Fiesta Dip Mix with the mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir until well blended. Cover and refrigerate. Dip is better if made 8 hours before serving. Serve with chips, crackers, or fresh vegetables. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried cilantro, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
To make Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Place in a 3x4-inch ziplock bag and seal.
- Attach a gift tag with the directions on how to prepare the dip.
- To prepare dip:.
- Combine the Mexican Fiesta Dip Mix with mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Stir until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Dip is better if made 8 hours before serving.
I prepared this exactly by the recipe. I wanted to test it on DH and myself because I was considering giving it as gifts. It is very good. The spice packets will be included as gifts for Christmas to several of my friends and co-workers. Thanks GrandmaG!
This is very good. I made it as a Pick-A-Chef recipe, Nov. '04. I made it as a dip instead of a spice packet, & refrigerated overnight. I used fat-free sour cream & mayo, and I followed it exactly except added more cayenne for a kick. Served with chips and Mini Tacos #74301 -- very good! Thank you!