1/1 Photo of Mexican Drunk Beans
Carrie in Indiana's Note:
Ohhh this is soooo good. I had this for the first time this past year while tailgating at a ND game!! Thanks to the firefighter (who came with our friend Pat) for this recipe. What a chef!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pinto beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes (I like Red Gold petite diced tomatoes Mexican Feista)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 sausage links, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 6 serrano chilies, diced
- 1 cup salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 1 bunch cilantro, cleaned and steams cut off, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 1In a large dutch oven, fry bacon and chunk into smaller pieces. Add sausage and heat through.
- 2Add diced onion and chilis and heat until onions are translucent.
- 3Add all tomatoes, salsas and beer.
- 4Heat until boiling. Stirring lightly to mix flavors.
- 5Add jar of pinto beans WITH liquid.
- 6Again, heat to boiling.
- 7Add cilantro.
- 8Stir to mix and serve with sour cream!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Drunk Beans
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.4
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 1131.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g