8 hrs 10 mins
I created this to use what I had on hand. My husband loved it and thought the reheated leftovers were just as good as the first night. You can serve this over rice, with tortillas, or with taco chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the sliced onion in the bottom of your crock pot.
- 2Add the chopped peppers.
- 3Remove the papery outer layer from the tomatillos and chop them coarsely.
- 4Put them on top of onions and peppers.
- 5Place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies.
- 6Pour most of a jar of salsa on top of the chicken.
- 7(You want a decent layer of salsa on top of the chicken.) Put the top on the crockpot and cook on high for 5-7 hours (or low for 10-12).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Crock Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 647.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 18.1 g