Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I created this to use what I had on hand. My husband loved it and thought the reheated leftovers were just as good as the first night. You can serve this over rice, with tortillas, or with taco chips.
- Put the sliced onion in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Add the chopped peppers.
- Remove the papery outer layer from the tomatillos and chop them coarsely.
- Put them on top of onions and peppers.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies.
- Pour most of a jar of salsa on top of the chicken.
- (You want a decent layer of salsa on top of the chicken.) Put the top on the crockpot and cook on high for 5-7 hours (or low for 10-12).
Pretty good. Not as hot as it looks on paper. It can be made on top of the stove too. Remove chicken skin for less oil.
I thought this dish had pretty good flavor, especially for the two minutes of prep time. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, and found that 10 hours was way too long to cook. 6-7 would be plenty, as the chicken lost most of its texture after ten hours.
Very good! The only change I made was to salt the chicken. I used a mild salsa because I wasn't sure how hot the jalapenos would make it, but it was actually pretty mild. We served it over rice and added Cholula hot sauce all over. Next time I think I'll add the Cholula during the cooking. Thanks!