- 1 (6 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 dash sage
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- 1 cup green onion
- Prepare cornbread, adding green chilies and sage; COOL.
- Combine Ranch dressing mix, sour cream, and mayo;set aside.
- Crumble 1/2 cornbread into big bowl.
- Top with 1/2 each of: beans, sour creme mixture, green pepper, and next 5 ingredients.
- REPEAT LAYERS.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Serve in lettuce lined bowls, top with tomato wedges.
Very good! I used left over corn bread and added 1/3 cup of salsa on top of the tomatoes.
I served this for Christmas dinner with fish tacos. It didn't go over very well. I thought it was okay but the sour cream/mayo part seemed to be a bit too much in quantity. I had tons left over even though I only made half the dish.