Filling, and not too spicy....great accompaniment to a bowl of chili or home-made soup
Make and share this Mexican Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cornbread mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together just until blended well, and pour into greased 10" cast-iron skillet (or 13x9 baking dish).
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until top is deep golden-brown.
This was great! A soft spoon-worthy cornbread. Great comfort food on a cold night!