This recipe came from my husband's grandmother. I had enjoyed it for years at her house and failed many attempts to replicate it. Finally, one day I just asked her for the recipe and she gladly shared it with me. She's gone now, I'm so happy I got the recipe from her while I could. Hope you love it as much as we do.
- Set oven 425F degrees.
- Put 3 tablespoons each of Crisco into 2 iron skillets.
- Place them into the oven as it is pre-heating.
- Mix all ingredients together and divide batter equally between HOT skillets.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from pans to cool.
- Note: I have made this recipe using only 1/2 cup oil and it turns out just fine.