Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick side dish.
Make and share this Mexican Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, purchased
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn, red bell pepper, zucchini, green onions and jalapeño and sautê until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Mix in salsa and chopped cilantro. Stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Very good. I used two serrano peppers instead of the jalapeno, and fresh pico de gallo instead of salsa. It turned out very spicy, which we loved.
This is a great quick and easy dish! As stated, it made a great side dish - flavorful and colorful too! Thanks for sharing. ZWT8
This was amazing, even though I forgot to add the green onions. Didn't miss it at all. Made it for my Christmas dinner w/ a Mexican flare. My friend, who loves it spicy, would've loved me to have added more jalapeno. For me, it was a perfect mix of veggies to top my meal. Thanks for sharing.