Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers website. It is for the core plan but can be adapted to the flex - just count the points. It is very easy and tastes great. I add this on top of a salad for lunch or with dijon-roasted potatoes for dinner. Even my husband likes it!
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded (about three half pieces)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo (or 1/2 fresh jalepeno)
- 1 small garlic clove (or equivalent prepared minced garlic)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 -2 teaspoon white vinegar (optional)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (optional)
- I used about three boneless, skinless chicken breast halves that were poached using recipezaar recipe #36944 by Dancer^. This usually takes about 20 min to poach the chicken.
- To shred the chicken, use two forks and scrape the chicken into shredded pieces.
- Put the shredded chicken in a medium bowl and add the sliced onions, and chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Put remaining ingredients - except vinegar (chipotle peppers or the 1/2 jalepeno, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and water) in a blender or bowl of a mini food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended ingredients over the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Add vinegar if necessary - to taste. I will sometimes add some thinly sliced scallions. Can also add some salt and pepper or other seasonings to taste. Sometimes if the shredding of the chicken yields too much, I just add a little more oil and some vinegar to help expand the flavor. This makes a good chicken salad wrap (have to count the wrap as points on weight watchers), and is good the next day too! I usually just eat this as is, or on top of a salad!
- Enjoy and make often!