Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is super easy--the main reason I like it, and it tastes great! And it is quick to prepare. The first time I made it, I made 2 casseroles. One for our new neighbors and one for the "Empty Nester" dinner party we were attending with a Mexican Potluck theme. I hardly needed to wash the dish! Hope your family and friends enjoy it with you as well.
- 3 cups cubed chicken breasts (about 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 (5 ounce) nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt margarine and saute' chopped onion, add chicken cubes.
- Pour into casserole; stir in the grated cheddar cheese, Ro-Tel tomatoes, and soup.
- Sprinkle crumbled chips on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. In a word, E-A-S-Y!
I had to leave the onions out due to health reasons, but this was fabulous even without them! Thanks for a quick and simple recipe!
This was just a so-so dish. I don't think I'd make it again. It was just too bland for my taste.
Made this for church potluck. I brought home an empty casserole dish. Even the kids loved it. I SO wanted leftovers for lunch! Oh well... I did cover the chips to prevent them from browning.