Tomoko who lives with us made this for dinner tonight. I made a couple of changes to the recipe she brought home, and this is what we finished up with.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 500 g skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 1 (415 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (450 g) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat the oil in a large pan, and fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the diced chicken and capsicum and cook for a further 4 minutes or until all the chicken has changed colour.
- Add spices and stock powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for another 15 minutes Serve over steamed rice.
- I like to serve grated cheese, sour cream and gaucomale so people can add them themselves.
Excellent. I didn't have a red pepper so I added green chili. Next time I'll make a double batch. My husband could eat all of it by himself.<br/>Thank you!
Made this for supper tonight and it was wonderful. Added about 1/2 cup of frozen corn and about 1 chopped jalapeño. Very tasty.
Fantastic, made this tonight and it was even better than i thought it was gonna be, followed the recipe exactly, will be a reguler now!!