I got this recipe from two friends at my bridal shower. I eliminated the olives and it was still good. I served it with Mexican rice...Yummy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add flour, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper to the large plastic bag.
- Place chicken pieces in bag and shake well until fully covered with the mixture.
- Place chicken in greased baking dish.
- Cover the chicken with the melted margarine/butter (I use liquid spray butter).
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and add onions, olives, and water.
- Cover with foil again and bake for 50 minutes.
wow the flavour of this is just outstanding! i used veggie spray instead of the butter and chopped black olives. The most delicious chicken we have had in a long time. The chili powder, oregano, onion, and black olives are a fantastic combo, Loved the way the coating cooked for the first hour to a wonderful golden colour. To be honest I was afraid the chicken might end up dry but not so, it was lovely and moist! I used skinless boneless chicken breasts; they were perfect and just did two for us but did make the recipe amounts of everything else. I will be making this again, thanks for posting.