Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is the "original" Ceviche. This recipe is for a big crowd. Best served as an appetizer or side dish. With tortillas chips or on a tostada!!! I recommend eating it with Tabasco Sauce or Red Devil sauce it gives it a kick! THIS REQUIRES NO COOKING ON STOVE OR OVEN, THE LEMON/LIME COOKS THE FISH!
- Juice lemons and limes in a juicer.
- Mix fish and onions in a large bowl. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add as much onion, tomatoes, or cilantro, as you wish.
My family loves tilapia and I thought this was such an interesting recipe so I had to try it. The kids wouldn't try it (they are only 2 and 6), but my husband and I really liked this for something different. I did size down the recipe for us, we don't usually have tequila unless it's summer (margaritas) so I bought one of those "mini's" and we served with "Frank's" hot sauce because that's usually what we have around. I really encourage others to try this you won't be disappointed. Thanks for sharing!