Chef #432668's Note:
Just a combination of ingredients I threw together that ended up tasting pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup basmati rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 0.5 (5 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook rice with water according to directions.
- 3While rice is cooking, chop vegetables and put in pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute 7-8 minutes, or until soft.
- 4Add black beans, spices and salt. Mix well.
- 5When rice is done cooking, add to veggie/bean mixture.
- 6Add enchilada sauce and sour cream; stir to combine.
- 7Transfer mixture to 8x8 casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- 8Bake 15-20 minutes until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Casserole - Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 1475.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 13.9 g