Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just a combination of ingredients I threw together that ended up tasting pretty good.
Make and share this Mexican Casserole - Vegetarian recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup basmati rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 0.5 (5 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice with water according to directions.
- While rice is cooking, chop vegetables and put in pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute 7-8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add black beans, spices and salt. Mix well.
- When rice is done cooking, add to veggie/bean mixture.
- Add enchilada sauce and sour cream; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to 8x8 casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until bubbly.