Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My father used to make this all the time when I was a kid, I ask him to prepare this every time I go to his house
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 (32 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 (10 inch) package flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesof shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Brown hamburger and onion in a LARGE skillet.
- Crain grease.
- Add soup, Rotel and half of cheese.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Spray 8x11 casserole pan on entire bottom and sides.
- Line bottom of pan with tortilla shells until bottom of pan is covered.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Cover with tortillas, then top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350°F until cheese is good and melted.
- You can make this dish as hot as you like with hot Rotel, or hot cheese, or if your mouth can handle it, both.
This was delicious dish. I used corn tortillas instead of flour to give different taste. My family loved it!!
Easy and delicious! I made a few changes -- one 10 3/4 can of soup (instead of the 32 oz) and just one can tomatoes (used petite diced). Additionally, I added a 4 oz. can of green chopped chilies and about 8 oz sour cream. I only used about 5 flour tortillas (instead of the whole package). DH says to make again!
Tasty dish that's very easy to make. The leftovers were great, too. My wife even ate it the next day, which is pretty amazing considering she almost never eats leftovers. I do suggest letting it cool for a while after cooking so it will set up. Thanks nanunanu.